Thursday, March 24, 2011

French experience

So, this year looks very nice so far. It is only the third month and I've been already twice in France... Although have no further plans to go there, but who knows... this year is so surprising overall.

Anyway as long as I remember the funny, nice and interesting stuff I've discovered this time in this lovely and picturesque country I'll try to post it.

What image of French people do you have in your mind? I am not talking about Alain Delon or Gerard Depardieu, just in average. If you ask me, I was always thinking that they are not so tall and strong as guys from Northern countries like Sweden or Norway. Therefore it was surprisingly strange to discover that it is not easy to open doors, packages and all possible stuff in France, you really have to be strong enough to do it, put some pressure or use some more muscles! never ever was I expecting it, especially in the relaxing sun of Cote d'Azur.

And another thing, what is so wrong in admitting to the tourist that you don't know some information? We've got an impression that French people are terribly afraid of it. From time to time during these 5 days we were asking for some information like how to get to some place, when what is open and so on and in NONE of the cases were we given a proper answer!!! Com'on why is it like this??? Friend of mine told me that this could be easily the feature of Turkish people as well, but for me it is too strange, although of course even this inconvenience will not stop me from loving the country and wishing to go there again and again, just will have to keep in mind to have more maps and dig for more information on the web myself :)

A bientot!


No comments:

Post a Comment